How to do HTTPS Client Authentication when run-app
Sukit Tretriluxana
2014-06-12 01:08:03 UTC

I'm trying to run grails app in HTTPS and have it require client
certificate authentication. I ran run-app command with -https option. Also,
in my BuildConfig.groovy, I added the following lines.

grails.tomcat.keystorePath = "tomcat.keystore"
grails.tomcat.keystorePassword = "xxx"
grails.tomcat.clientAuth = "true"

After running, it appears that the keystore settings properly take effect
as I could see the certificate in there presented properly. However, I
don't see that the server requests/enforces the client certification in the
request. I could still access any pages, controllers, actions without
needing to present the certificate.

Am I missing something? Please help.

Thanks,
Ed