CGLIB AopConfigException when upgrading from 2.2.4 to 2.3.8
josse82
2014-05-02 08:35:42 UTC
Dear Grails users,

I get a strange exception after upgrading grails to version 2.3.8. For some
reason a new instance of TypeSpecifyableTransactionProxyFactoryBean fails to
be created during AOP because the type argument has not been set. Does
anybody have an idea of the cause?

[...]
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'vaultService': Initialization of bean failed;
nested exception is org.springframework.aop.framework.AopConfigException:
Could not generate CGLIB subclass of class [class
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.spring.TypeSpecifyableTransactionProxyFactoryBean]:
Common causes of this problem include using a final class or a non-visible
class; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Superclass
has no null constructors but no arguments were given
... 4 more
Caused by: org.springframework.aop.framework.AopConfigException: Could not
generate CGLIB subclass of class [class
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.spring.TypeSpecifyableTransactionProxyFactoryBean]:
Common causes of this problem include using a final class or a non-visible
class; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Superclass
has no null constructors but no arguments were given
at
grails.plugin.springsecurity.acl.AclAutoProxyCreator.createProxy(AclAutoProxyCreator.java:120)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Superclass has no null
constructors but no arguments were given
... 5 more

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Joris
Belgium

jstewart
2014-06-16 16:05:27 UTC
I'm getting the same error. I saw your jira issue but am unable to get the
sample project because http://jira.grails.org/ is not responding. Are you
using the remoting plugin? I'm trying to build a sample project up to the
error and I don't seem to have trouble until I try to expose a service.